Landlord Insurance

Full Policy Benefits

Specialist, flexible and affordable insurance designed specifically for people who let out a property

Overview of Benefits

We offer both buildings insurance and contents insurance. In addition to our standard cover, we provide optional policy features which you can add to your policy for an additional cost. This way you can tailor the cover to suit your particular needs and budget.

The information below outlines the main features of our home insurance policy so you can compare at a glance our standard cover limits and our optional policy features. 

Standard Policy Features

Fire, theft, flood, etc

The policy provides cover as standard for damage to your property from the following eventualities:


  • Fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake and smoke damage
  • Storm and flood damage
  • Escape of water
  • Riot, civil commotion, strikes, labour and political disturbances
  • Malicious damage by tenant(s) up to £5,000
  • Damage by malicious persons or vandals
  • Collision by aircraft or other aerial devices, vehicles and animals (not including domestic pets)
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Falling radio and TV aerials
  • Damage to buildings up to £1,000 from the Emergancy services
  • Loss of Rent up to 20% of the building sum insured
  • Free £10,000 contents (option to purchase more)


Home contents - with 'new for old' replacement

Cover is provided on a “new for old” basis (excluding clothing and linen), which means that for claims which are covered under the policy terms and conditions, we may choose to settle by one of the following methods:

  • Replacing with new items
  • Reinstating (restoring your insured items to the condition they were in before the loss; for example, by professionally cleaning soiled carpets)
  • Repairing, or
  • Payment — so that you can choose your own replacements

Optional Policy Features

Accidental Damage Cover

There are two level of accidental damage cover available:


For buildings this covers accidental damage to any fixed glass, sanitary fittings or service pipes and cables. For example, accidentally breaking your hand basin.



For buildings this extends the limited cover outlined above to cover accidental damage to the rest of the building. For example, ingress of water.


The cover as outlined above is free for all Professional (working/employed) and student tenancy's and available to purchase at an extra cost for D.S.S tenants 

Get a Quote

Need Help?

New and Existing Quotes

Our experienced team is here to help with new or existing quotes.

01633 838976

Claims Team

0345 475 3455

Get in Touch

Contact Us